Dealing With Exam Stress
So this may seem like a boring first blog post but it's something that has been on my mind a lot lately. (Plus my camera isn't working so I had to publish something that I didn't need pictures for).
As a perfectionist and an anxiety-sufferer exams are something that could have come straight out of hell for me. Especially ones that go on for months like they are this year (uh, hello GCSEs.) The crippling nerves before, during and for the month after whilst I wait in agony for results.
Am I the only one who gets like this at exam period? A wreck of nerves? I'm sure other teens out there feel the same.
But don't you worry! I have compiled a list of ways to stay relaxed during an exam period. This is your go-to guide for staying calm when your world is crumbling.
1) Regular face masks
During exam period I know that the last thing you want to be doing is wasting 15 minutes with some cream on your face, when you should be revising. But this has soooo many benefits. Believe me now, it's worth it. I pick up a couple in Boots whenever I can. Personally, I like the Mud Pac 'anti-stress'. I use these with cucumber cooling eye pads which you can find in just about any store that sells beauty (cough boots or superdrug cough).
2) Liquid Melts to relieve anxiety
If you are able to purchase these I recommend doing so, especially if you also suffer from the pains of anxiety like me. I use the Rescue Liquid Melts by Bach when I have anxiety attacks and they help to calm my nerves right down. You can also take these just before exams for the same effect. You just pop them on your tongue and let them dissolve away all your worries. Highly recommended.
3) Lavender Oil
This is one which I feel like has various uses, all of which help to relieve stress. Personally, I just sprinkle a couple of drops on my pillow the night before the exam which helps me to sleep well. Before using this I would get about one hour sleep the night before exams, but now I can sleep straight through the night so this is something I definitely recommend purchasing from your local pharmacy. However, if that is not your thing, you can also massage this into your shoulders, neck and back or add it to your bath for the same relaxing effects.
4) Meditation
Okay so I feel like everyone should do this regularly whether stressed or not as it is a holy grail of mine and I meditate for roughly 15 minutes per day. If you just do a quick search on YouTube for meditation exercises you'll find a number of walkthroughs, These are what I use :) Once you feel happy enough, you can start making up your own sessions and perform then in the middle of an exam just for a few minutes to relax yourself.
5) Breathing exercises
This won't work for everybody, but for some it will work wonders. This is great for in the midst of the exam and you have precious seconds to spare as this is something you can do whilst you fill in the answers to the test. Just breathe deeply in and imagine your lungs in your head filling up with the tense, stressed air. Then breathe slowly out, imagining in your head all that stress leaving your body. Then, breathe in deeply again and picture cool, calm air entering and filling your body with calmness. You can perform this as often as you like. I like to picture the tense air as red, and the relaxed air as blue.
Thank you for reading and I hope this helps some of you out with your exams this year. And Good Luck to those of you with exams in the near future!
If you want me to speak more about my experiences with anxiety, please comment so as I would be happy to share more about my mental health and how I cope :)
Next week I will post more about beauty (I have some great things planned so do subscribe <3)
Love always,
Holza
xoxo
Thank you for reading and I hope this helps some of you out with your exams this year. And Good Luck to those of you with exams in the near future!
If you want me to speak more about my experiences with anxiety, please comment so as I would be happy to share more about my mental health and how I cope :)
Next week I will post more about beauty (I have some great things planned so do subscribe <3)
Love always,
Holza
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment